She lived with osteoporosis for, well, forever. I moved here in 1981, and lived with her and helped her with some chores (mostly it was a gift to me, a place to live and the opportunity to get to know her) and I'm not sure how long she'd been dealing with it then. Anne would have turned 95 this summer. And I'm sure I would have found the perfect "you are OLD" card for her.
FYI, Anne is my sister Joan's mother-in-law, Grady and Ardie's mom, but best described as a good friend.
Most of my memories of Anne are from my pre-digital camera days. But here are some pic's from the past few years. Mostly I remember sitting at her dining room table, having great conversations, or just quiet spells, and food (stuff we never had growing up in Michigan), and looking out at her fabulous back yard and garden. Gina loved talking with Anne, and sipping eggnog laced with booze at Christmas. A tradition that continues at the Young's, with a nod to Anne M.
\2003 in her apt.

Christmas 2005, with Aileen
Grady, Kristoffer and Anne in the aloha spirit
Anne, Grady and Ardie, reliving their Hawaiian youth
Anne always hung on my every word.

Contemplating.
1 comment:
Thank you. That was lovely.
Post a Comment